My mission is to give a voice to those who are taken advantage of by student loan lenders, servicers, and debt collectors.
For the past six years, I’ve been helping people with student loan debt live a better, happier and fuller life.
I am also the founder of The Student Loan Law Workshop, where I teach attorneys how to practice in the field of student loan law.
It’s the first and most highly regarded workshop of its kind, and I’m proud to say that I’ve personally trained over 250 consumer protection lawyers.
Here’s how I may be able to help you.
If You Owe Money for Student Loans
You or a loved one is struggling with federal or private student loans, and you’re looking for help.
Maybe you want an honest and reliable analysis of your situation.
Or perhaps you want step-by-step guidance and help with resolving defaulted student loans and handling harassing bill collectors.
Either way, I can help.
Here are some of the services I provide for my clients:
- Explain in plain English each of your different student loan repayment options including pros and cons of each
- Help you get out of – and stay out of – default on your student loans
- End harassing and abusive debt collection conduct, even if that means suing the collector
- Analyze possible options for getting your student loans discharged or forgiven entirely
- Represent you in court against your student loan lender, U.S. Department of Education, or U.S. Department of Justice
- File a lawsuit against your student loan lender, servicer, guarantor, or debt collectors if they have violated any of the laws governing your student loan rights
What’s it Like to Work With Me?
After a confidential, no-obligation consultation we’ll put together a plan to help get your student loans under control.
The way we work together is largely through telephone and email, with faxes and regular mail on occasion. We work together until you’ve reached your goals. We’ll take the time time needed to get you where you want to be.
The work to be done is mostly on my side, but you remain an active participant in things along the way. That’s the reason you hire me – to help you accomplish your goal of getting your student loans under control once and for all.
Would You Like to Work With Me?
All you need to do is click here to set up your no-obligation consultation. We’ll talk, set up a plan, and move forward.
I look forward to talking with you.
If You’re a Lawyer Who Wants to Learn Student Loan Law
Unfortunately, most attorneys have no idea about how to help student loan borrowers – or even that there is anything they can do.
That’s why I created The Student Loan Law Workshop, a two-day immersive learning experience that teaches lawyers everything they need to know about representing people with student loan problems.
What You’ll Learn at the Workshop
Over the past three years I’ve taught over 250 consumer protection attorneys everything there is to know about student loan law. Some of the topics we cover are:
- The History of Student Loans
- Understanding Key Differences between Federal, State, and Private Student Loans
- The Student Loan Life Cycle
- In-Depth Discussion of the Different Stages w/ Statutory and Regulatory Analysis
- Collection Practices Specific to Student Loans
- Typical Student Loan Problems with Issue Spotting Exercises
- Emerging Problems with Student Loans
- Handling Student Loans in and out of Bankruptcy
- Defending Student Loan Lawsuits – especially those pesky private loans
- Assisting with Administrative Discharges
Would You Like to Learn More?
All you need to do is click here to be taken to the website I’ve set up for the Workshop. You can check out the agenda and register – or just sign up to find out when our next session is being held.
I hope to see you there.