Every day I receive calls and e-mails from people wondering what they can do to deal with student loans. It could be a parent, it could be a concerned sibling, or it could be the borrower them self calling. It could even be a parent that co-signed for their child. From simple questions to abusive collection conduct, the demand for legal help for student loan issues has never been greater. With the recent report that student loan debt now exceeds 1 trillion dollars, the demand will only increase. Further, because student loans are rarely dischargeable in bankruptcy, borrowers are trapped and are in desperate need of help.
That is why I created my Student Loan Law Workshop, a comprehensive seminar covering Student Loan Law issues including:
- The History of Student Loans
- Understanding Key Differences between Federal, State, and Private Student Loans
- The Student Loan Life Cycle
- In-Depth Discussion of the Different Stages w/ Statutory and Regulatory Analysis
- Collection Practices Specific to Student Loans
- Typical Student Loan Problems with Issue Spotting Exercises
- Emerging Problems with Student Loans
- Marketing – How to Find Clients
- Handling Student Loans in and out of Bankruptcy
- Defending Student Loan Lawsuits – especially those pesky private loans
- Assisting with Administrative Discharges
Over 450 attorneys have attended my workshop, but the demand for student loan assistance is still not close to being met.
Click here for more information on this and upcoming workshops.
Are you a consumer looking for a local student loan lawyer? Visit the Workshop Graduates page.